Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Measured the PTV this morning. .055-.060 with a felpro 9333pt1. Looking for more of a .080 clearance or something close. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Running an F-cam and want to keep it. Dont want to retard or advance timing. Just looking for a similar thicker head gasket that would be the same as the felpro 9333pt1

Also, keep in mind i run this gasket as a point of failure should the boost get to high. So something with similar properties would be great.

302 sbf, Tw 170, 67mm garrett, etc etc

Thanks guys

·
Registered
372 Posts
Great. I am getting ready to check ptv on my F cam and tw170 combo. I was told I would be fine from multiple sources but I am checking it anyway. Are you using 1.6 or 1.7 rockers?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Great. I am getting ready to check ptv on my F cam and tw170 combo. I was told I would be fine from multiple sources but I am checking it anyway. Are you using 1.6 or 1.7 rockers?
I'm running an "F" with TW170's and a 9333PT1 with 1.6's. No problems here, FWIW.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your probably ok. My heads and deck were milled a slight bit to insure straightness.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ok. Didn't mean to jump in on here I've just been a little frustrated lately getting all the issues worked out. Thanks

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got a set of comectics in and i love them.. i can grab u the part number tomorrow.. im running trick flow high ports,, and getting 8.5.1 compression
I was thinking cometics but those gaskets are too good. Meaning, the gasket probably wouldnt fail and would cook the shortblock or perhaps everything.

·
Registered
737 Posts
mine broke 2 pistons and didn't blow mls gasket. i'm running 9331 now. same reason as your thinking. i would rather blow head gasket than break shortblock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts