Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 mustang 4.6 fuel pump not coming on it is good I checked before installing My theft light blinks real slow when key is off When I turn engine over light comes on and blinks real fast Inertia switch in trunk has 12 volts on both wires when turning over What do yall think I can put gas in throttle body and car will start for a few seconds I have only one key for car

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
If it don't work then try this there is a video out there on youtube and it takes about 45 mins but doing this turns it off using your key. Good Luck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The theft light is supposed to "slow blink". This indicates that the system is active.

The fuel pump issue is NOT a PATS problem. For the 1996-2004 model year Ford Factory PATS does NOT disable the fuel pump. PATS works by with holding the fuel injector pulse.

Sooooooooo if the fuel pump does not prime during initial key on it is NOT PATS that is causing the problem.

The fuel pump "Gold standard" is to test for key on +12 volts at the trunk mounted IFS switch.

IF there is NO POWER at the IFS, THEN the problem is upstream towards the CCRM.

IF there is power at the IFS, THEN the problem is down stream towards the fuel pump.

Here's some more information.

1996+ Crank with no start check list
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/4-6l-tech/336452-1997-mustang-wont-ignite.html#2984838

Pay attention to the part about what the check engine light is supposed to do during cranking.

The problem "could" be in the FPDM. This problem will likely require more trouble shooting. Resist the urge to "part swap" to a solution.

There could be more than one "issue" in play here. Don't discount how a basic PCM power "issue" could create similar symptoms.

Do you have an ODB2 scanner? If you did it might make short work of your problem. Here's some information on a very affordable ODB2 scanner that is capable of talking to other modules.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/resources/forscan-odb2-scanner-w-elm327-usb.57/

·
Registered
782 Posts
He said he has power at the switch, and the theft light is blinking fast during cranking. And he has a known good pump. Just guessing he is not hearing the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts