Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the ET and MPH for the worlds fastest stock short block 302? with boost, nitrous, any hci combo..post yours up or even a friends..or one you have read about..

There is a guy at a local track has a hatch fox lx, with stock short block 302, AOD trans. trick flow heads, holley intake, 70mm single turbo..has made a best pass last weekend of 9.30s @145.

Is this a record??? This is the fastest one i have ever heard of....

here is a youtube link of the pass..

Dan Spicer 9.37 - YouTube

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damn thats fast!! heard of people going in the 9's with nitrous but i don't think they held together to long!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
...this type of claim should have to be backed up back to back, like the Land Speed Record...you have X amount of time to make another run, and they average the two...

But I bet he can't go a FULL season, on that same block, at those power levels.

Ryan

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
How much does the car weigh?

If you can get the weight down to 2200 - 2500lbs which requires 500-600 hp at the flywheel. Easily done with a H/C/I + power adder 302.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
talked to dan today, 15lb boost, weighs in at 3084 w/driver....he said he is going to track tommorow 11-6-11 to see if they can better a 9.37...i will keep this updated.........

post up another stock short block 302 best pass that you have or have seen or even read about....lets see if this is a record!!!!!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Wow, that's about 700hp at the flywheel (about 640 hp at the wheels) to run 145mph at that weight. That's quite a feat for stock block and internals.

·
Registered
896 Posts
is this like truly for real legit ???? stock internals and stock block? really?

a buddy of mine runs a BW 76mm on a 351W stroked to 408ci with victor jrs and vic jr intake. blow through setup non intercooled...he runs a 9.90 index class and it would live forever at these power levels. he uses 6 lbs to hit 9.90's-10.0's. one weekend he tried 14lbs and ran 9.48 but had no oil psi after the stripe lol.
when he unbolted the intake the motor became 2 pieces lmfao.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not filled, dan cant believe that its going that fast and staying together himself...he said that when it does split the block or break a rod, he will take and post pics that is a stock short block 302....but back to the subject...lets see if this is a stock short block 302 record....post up if you have one faster or know about one....

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
There is a local here who raced Corvettes (Duckworth) who it was rumored used stock GM shortblocks with a big blower boost to run somew vbery fast numbers. When it blows (and it will), he just got another short block. That being said, I know he balanced and blue printed the short blocks he used ( I visited his shop one day and he was balancing his pistons on a digital scale) and TUNE can let them live a longer life.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
these are not stock blocks but real street guys this year were almost in the 8's with 306 motors!!! and the were using stock cams unported heads and intakes. pretty muchs very basic parts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
There is already another thread on here from a year or so ago with a turbo car running mid 5 second 1/8th mile times with a factory shortblock. I'll try to find it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
We don't have many tracks down here that run 1/4, almost everything is 1/8th. I know he went some mid 9's when he was "only" making around 650 rwhp. The 5 second passes were on drag radials also, at 3200lbs.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts