Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all

I just got finished with my first autocross back in the mustang, after driving my miata for 8 months. This was the first autocross we've had back on Clemson University's campus, and the lot is t-i-n-y. The car definitely took some getting used to (in short, the car won't turn, stop, or shift gears). After watching the video, I probably should have shifted to second and left it there. Even though that would be really slow for the 270* loop near the beginning, my transmission makes noises of despair when shifting into first while moving, so it was either the entire run in 1st or 2nd.

Video:
http://vimeo.com/15858440

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah it's pretty painful to watch!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure why it's so slow... If you look at my other videos (which I've processed the same way) it's not. Perhaps youtube is still doing some post processing...

·
Registered
662 Posts
You might want to re-upload it...it's possible something got hosed during the post-upload you-tubification-processing :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Sadly, i've been on as tight/small courses like that but were only appx. 30 seconds long.

While i'm no Messiah for safety at these events(because I don't feel you can help stupid people), that's pretty bold to have the course going straight back into a grid line, then a bust a U-turn right next to them. Yikes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sadly, i've been on as tight/small courses like that but were only appx. 30 seconds long.

While i'm no Messiah for safety at these events(because I don't feel you can help stupid people), that's pretty bold to have the course going straight back into a grid line, then a bust a U-turn right next to them. Yikes.
Yeah, I noticed that too, not too bright!

The new video works smoothly though, good work.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah that course is too tight. Did you even get out of 1st? I wouldn't worry too much about the layout since the speed is so low, to lose control would be quite ridiculous.

Regards,
Robert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts