Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 1989 Ford mustang 308 with a P1SC supercharger 10psi max. Stock bottom end 302 .40 over tuning with an Anderson PMS series 4. Has a B cam, pro comp 210cc heads, long tubes with pro camber and dumps, 75mm throttle body, Pmas 80mm MAF, 1.7rr, ported GT40 intake. Car is intercooler running on pump gas. Car is driven on street quite a bit and will see the track every now and then. Just looking for a good blower cam. Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
You could go with a custom cam from any number of manufactures out there... As far as an off the shelf cam the e303 or tfs stage 1 works well. In all honesty, I would wait until you upgrade your block and rotating assembly.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Call Ed and let him do one for it..... Only a modest increase in price over an off the shelf cam and its gonna perform WAY better....

But ya, I'd be worried about the stock block as well........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm not looking to turn it up anymore, id say its around 400 crank. Just trying to get away from fords letter cams.

·
Registered
351 Posts
We have a very similar build. I went with FTI (Ed Curtis). Customer service is unbelievable. Car runs like a raped ape for being a stock rebuilt 306 and pro comps, car ran 6.60''s on 14psi. I dropped from a 3.2 down to a 2.8 pulley and haven't made it down the track yet but on the street it's wicked. Definitely makes some power. Also on 11psi I made 399/398 at the tires thru a C4 with a super loose converter.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would say ditch the letter cams, no reason to run them when a custom one is not much more. Ed Curtis, Flow Tech Induction....

Make what you want and have better street manners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts