Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure other people have heard about it beside just me. I did a search and nothing came up....

They are building a new drag/road course in Shelton, WA.

The Ridge Motorsports Park

It looks like they just finished logging all the property.

Here is the latest master plan...

Alot different than what was circulating in February

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I've heard of it, as it was just starting to be talked about as I was transferring out of the area back in early '10 (although I guess they've been working on it for quite a bit longer than that). I hadn't realized there was also going to be a drag strip.

I wonder if the original track design was just a placeholder so they had something to put into pretty graphics as they were pitching the proposal? The new version is obviously much more "complete", with the cross-overs so that they can have a couple of different shorter configurations and the addition of the drag strip. I like the way the strip and the track are separate, unlike Pacific Raceways, where you've got the kind of bastardized setup that uses the staging lanes for the road course and the zig in the middle of the main straight as the track rejoins the strip.

The one thing I don't like about the new design is the section at the far left of the track map. It just seems unnecessarily busy to have 4 turns in that space. Maybe it's dictated by the contour of the land in that area?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can see there's a big elevation change where your talking about.

Spokane County Raceway is just like you are saying. They changed it this year, but the drag strip used to be part of the road course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts