Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an update. Last year: ran [email protected] on a Zex N2O system 150 shot. Base 331 stroker/TKO600 setup. i torched a couple head gaskets & a head shortly thereafter. Car repaired & car promptly falls on it's face after launch; slowly recovers & hauls ass down the track. I switched to 28" tall slicks for more consistent traction & higher mph which worked. I suspect the fuel system with a 340lph pump I had just installed while having the heads repaired might have been the problem. So, for this year; I installed an electric water pump, ported the hell out of the RPMII upper intake(knife edging the runners & pressed in 1mm bronze tubes,etc), installed a new gas tank, Aeromotive 340lph stealth pump, & Aeromotive fuel pump harness. I felt that the amperage draw might be the issue. I'll know more this coming Saturday; 1st test & tune of the new year.... PS. I had to do something with the exterior of the upper Edelbrock RPMII intake as well.... ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice changes this year! I hope they worked out on Saturday.

Where'd you get the plate to fit the RPM2? I've only ever found RPM1 nitrous plates.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Nice changes this year! I hope they worked out on Saturday.

Where'd you get the plate to fit the RPM2? I've only ever found RPM1 nitrous plates.
I believe the Zex kit hes using is a single nozzle, not a plate.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Correct, ZEX kit by itself is a single nozzle. In the thread below he states, "I'm running a 331 with a Zex system with a Nitrious Express plate". That's why I was asking about a plate for the RPM2.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/2457538-been-while-since-ive-been-here.html
AHHA! so hes only giving us half the story in this thread... ROFL!

that being said, If im not mistaken, i believe the RPM series for EFI all had the same upper to lower flange.

edity: come to think of it, the performer might be the same too.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, it was the usual up & down type of year.... I only made about 6 events before the track closed forever(Rocky Mountain Raceways in Salt Lake City Utah). I discovered that the Zex system really can't flow a full 150 shot with the -3 lines; at least on my car. made some good passes; but most were poor due to what i feel was less than good track prep(why spend the $ when you're closing down forever?). Anyway, I believe it is time to either be satisfied with where she is or time to upgrade the power adder to something like a full NX Express system.... PS: I used a NX EFI plate for the RPMII intake.... ;)

Only have one good video.... Don't believe the time; timers were off. Actual time was the typical 11.30's at 121-122mph...

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
that sucks about losing another track. its happening all over the country tho.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there a new track being built around salt lake? Where is the next closest track?
There is talk of a 1/4 mile track being built in Tooele, Utah here in the near future. How soon is up in the air. If it happens; the elevation will increase another 650ft over RMR.
I hope they build it. I'm getting burned out on drag racing, getting old I guess; but I'd still want to spectate. Keeping my fingers crossed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts