Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do some custom rewiring. I picked up a couple of SN95 (one's from a 96) underhood fuse/relay centers from the pull a part. I want to rewire them for my needs for E-fans, AC, maybe headlights, and the plan is to remove the fusible links and wire them to the maxi fuses. I cut off a handy length of wire when I cut the things out, but I would LOVE to just find new connectors and make all new wires. I have looked and looked but can't find the proper terminal. I ordered some from digikey that looked like it, but no...no it's not it.

The top image is the diagram of this fuse center and the bottom is the terminal I need with the wire and a new one that is not quite the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll give this a bump and see if anyone has a guess. They are .250 wide because they are 4 5 pin relays. I might try to make it work but cutting that tab off that is sticking out right above where the wire crimps and the little ### sticking off the top. Or I might be doing a ton of cutting, stripping, soldering.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i plan on doing the same thing to my 93, i have a fuse box from a 2001, i have search the internet for a long time looking for the oem style terminals, cant find them, there are 2 size terminals in my box 1/4in and 5/16. if you find them reply back, thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i plan on doing the same thing to my 93, i have a fuse box from a 2001, i have search the internet for a long time looking for the oem style terminals, cant find them, there are 2 size terminals in my box 1/4in and 5/16. if you find them reply back, thanks
I've ordered a bunch of different terminals from DigiKey, but none are exact. I found one that will work for the 5 pin relay (1/4) terminals. I think I found some for the maxi fuse (3/8) from a website in UK. I ordered some so when they get here I can test. The ones I found for the relay terminals is DigiKey A1222758-ND. They lock in place but are a tad too loose for my taste. I will keep looking. Let me know if you find anything.

I did find a terminal A122963ct-ND that looks perfect for the relay terminals. It's a box terminal in stead of the typical female terminal that the 2 sides wrap around. But it won't lock in place...it's too thin to engage the tabs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts