Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On On3 website it says that the Forward Facing kit works with a team z k member. Having problems with fitment. Team z k-member motor mount location has 2 slots and a hole. I currently have the motor in the front slot facing front of car. If you look at the pics I can't see how the hot pipes would fit? Just tried D/S so far and having a problem.

https://imgur.com/gallery/nwn8N?s=sms

·
Registered
307 Posts
You have the passenger side header on the driver side. I have a Team Z k-member and ON3 FF kit for 2v and it fits perfect with engine in front slots. That header goes on passenger side with collector to back of engine, exits out side towards control arm.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep just noticed it like 5minutes ago.. thanx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have the passenger side header on the driver side. I have a Team Z k-member and ON3 FF kit for 2v and it fits perfect with engine in front slots. That header goes on passenger side with collector to back of engine, exits out side towards control arm.
Were you able to drop the motor in with the headers on

·
Registered
307 Posts
Were you able to drop the motor in with the headers on
Yes. Made it easier to get all header bolts tight and retainers on. Just have to watch passenger header so that it gets under frame rail as you try to sit engine on mounts. Not a big deal. Pretty much get it close and a gentle push on passenger side of engine should get it in place as you lower it.

I cleaned up engine bay, smoothed and painted. Went in without making a scratch.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. Made it easier to get all header bolts tight and retainers on. Just have to watch passenger header so that it gets under frame rail as you try to sit engine on mounts. Not a big deal. Pretty much get it close and a gentle push on passenger side of engine should get it in place as you lower it.

I cleaned up engine bay, smoothed and painted. Went in without making a scratch.
Damn that's good to hear because it would be a PITA to get the header on after it was installed... motor going in tomorrow Thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts