Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I used a test light and flashed the codes off this morning before disconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got it, is there any that you have used or recommend. I don't know anything about ones that use the stock ECU, only the big money options.

Can the ECU be tuned to remove no longer used features?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
What i'm questioning is how are you lean with 24 injectors on a stock motor? Yes the intake and TB/MAF bring in more air but your still on stock heads. I ran EV6 19s with GT40P heads, a ported tubular GT40, 65mm TB, Tbird MAF, shorty headers and im pretty sure i was never lean.

·
Registered
23,074 Posts
Poster has maf ‘setup’ for the injectors

Fords dont use Mafs for injectors.....

They use mafs to measure air mass

Ecm needs to be told injector size

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check out Moates.com and more specifically, the F3 ($75) and/or Quarterhorse ($249) products.
These connect to your stock ECU and allow you to run custom BINs (the code & settings the ECU uses to run the car.)
Warning: this can get quite complex, but the pay-off is that you can dramatically change the way the car runs (for the better.)

I'd recommend the Quarterhorse as it's easier to program and use, while in the car, but it does cost more.
The F3 works just as well, however, you'll have to learn how to program it and you'll have to remove it and replace it every time you change the program.
For this product, I'd recommend a cheap Willem programmer (see: eBay) which allows you to program the F3.
Also, you can actually get a super-cheap memory chip for the F3 that allows multiple programs on it at the same time. You can select which program you want with a switch.

Finally, for great info on doing the ECU program configuration, check out https://www.efidynotuning.com/a9l2.htm and prepare for hours and hours of reading and tinkering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thats why I love my Megasquirt PNP2 full controll all the time at all rpms..datalog autotune VE analize...etc original ecu is ok up to some point ..but if you go modified you need controll and to know whats going on under the Hood .. best spent Money for a Tunig part ever !!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Moates QH is $250, Tuner pro Rt free. I suggest you make the donation. Efidynotuning free. Dechipa will supply you the strategy for free. The you can see what the eec is doing. Cheapest most effective way to get where you are going.

If you have the old injectors and maf I would suggest you install them. If your problem goes away you will know what to do next. The info. above about reading voltage on the NB is also a good place to start. This will tell you if your lean.

·
Registered
279 Posts
you guys have such great support for your ecm strategies, once you get thru the learning curve of tuning you will understand clearly how its so difficult to have a 'calibrated maf' for a certain size of injector.
You will also wonder why you ever tried it, as you will have so much more control to tune your car how you want it, with the a/f ratio being spot on, even in open loop.

Hopefully you don't get frustrated thru the whole thing, as the beginning of the learning curve can be frightening. The payoff is huge though.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts