Ford Mustang Forums banner

Talked to Rick Anderson.........

788 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  93mustanglx306 
#1 ·
I tlked with Rick Anderson about my 331 combo I am putting together and he said that the perfect injector size would be 38lbers. I know Lucas makes them but who else? Also who sales them?

Would it be Ok to use 40's?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

#2 ·
injectors

look into MSD i think they make 'em too.

but you may be better off with lucas'
i have a set of 42# ers and have had zero trouble with 'em

#7 ·
What size injector is best for a given combo seems to depend on who you talk to. You would think that it's an exact science, but apparently not. I don't know why, since there is a formula (I forget off-hand) that can tell you what size injector is best for a given combo. With this in mind it seems pretty cut and dried.

I'm building a normally aspirated 331 stroker and depending on who I talk to I'll get recommendations of either 24# injectors or 30# injectors. Some say that the 24's are plenty and that the 30's are overkill, while others say that the 24's won't be enough and the 30's are just right. Who knows.

What I plan on doing is running the 24's and get the car on a dyno as soon as I can. If it falls flat on its face because it's running out of injector, then obviously I'll upgrade to the 30's. But that's just me.

#8 ·
IMHO, don't waste your time worrying about an exact size as you can add or subtract fuel by playing with your fuel pressure enough to take care of small descrepencies in size. Don't try and run a 24 pounder when you need 50's, but if your combo is maximized with a 50lber at 40psi, then a 36lber at 65 or so will work alright. If you have a tuner, you can also adjust the pulse width to do the same thing, to some degree.

#9 ·
Lets not forget....

You can always get around a bigger injector, but you can NOT make up for not enough fuel. Anyone giving you their suggestions will not tell you to go smaller and risk engine failure.

Just think about it, I wish i had listened when someone told me to get bigger injectors, now i am rebuilding because of my own ignorance, Scott K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.