Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was atthe track today and saw a car with a JYTT setup, it wasn't pretty by any means but it was effective the setup was making 127 MPH on 12lbs. From what i could gather he was running Turbo coupe take off turbos, no intercooler, and the car was carbed. He said he had roughly $2500 in the car including puchase price. The car was going 11.30's, but it seemed he was chasing tuning issues.

Heres the questions, the car was carbed, I would assume for cost considerations, is anything gained or loss running a carbed setup over a fuel injected setup. my ultimate goal is cheap and ugly. I plan to purchase a fox body and go from there. My setup would be intercooled, and total project budget would be around $3500 with car purchase( I have found a couple of 5.0 foxes locally for around $1500) I currently have a GT40 upper and lower, an aluminum driveshaft, moser axles, and a set of mega byte jr. control arms left uninstalled from my previous mustang.

Any helpful advice?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
A carbed set-up might be cheaper, but fuel injection is the way to go if you're gonna' drive it alot. I've got around $1,000 in my set-up, it's not intercooled though. A good intercooler is gonna cost you at least $600 or so. Check your PM's.....

Jeremy

·
Registered
751 Posts
make sure you get turbos off of 85-85 turbo coupes .63/.60 a/r
people ahve gone mid nines with these turbos. im in the process of putting 2 on my car now....im staying fuel injected though...i think whne i get a DFI it will be easier to tune

1 - 3 of 3 Posts