Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well just finished my combo...363 Dart with TFS205cnc's with auto. Custom cam with a 78mm turd blower....Air to Air inner cooler will be on E85 soon...Was wondering what kind of HP numbers and ET's/MPH's you guys are getting with similar combo's? This is a weekend street/strip car. Also what kind of boost are you getting out of turbos of this small size on a 347 or 363?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I would expect huge numbers

my old turbonetics 76mm, bigbore 347 with twisted wedges, hydralic roller, freddy brown AOD, made 722rwhp on e85 and 708rwhp on e70, 22-23psi, turbo at 85% effort, tuned at Kurgan Motorsports.

I would think 800+ would be achieveable with the bigger cubes/heads/turbo.. I think alot of it has to do with the tuner, which is why my car ended up at Kurgan Motorsports

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever take it to the track?..If so what ET/MPH....I took mine to the track and it ran 9.75 @137....I was on a really safe tune up...I was thinking it would have done much better but this being a sn95 it's a tank..lol. I know theres still more to be had as my intake temp's were through the roof (138deg) and It was about 78deg outside. This was on a drag radial. 1.41 60ft. I think with e85 theres more in it...I have not taken it to the dyno yet. Self tuning it.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
My iat max was 110 degrees at 22psi. I have not taken it to the track as I'm not sure I would pass tech, not putting a shutoff switch on the back, but bob kurgan said the carwould trap 140mph easy but probably closer to 145, who knows I'm sure they will be plenty pissed if I do get it on the track as they will usher me out the back hate directly after the run LOL. Which transmission do you have?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Built AODE with a manual valve body/brake.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Nice, sounds like you need to update your sig!!

I just pulled the trigger(today) on a PT 7675 CEA (Billet), hopefully its just a direct bolt on, hoping for another 100-150rwhp out of it

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Kurgan has tuned my 363 a couple times

AFR 205
Super Vic
76GTS
120#
E85
Viper T56

has made up to 954 at 26psi dialed it down to about 23 and 920 rwhp under 6k rpms and all through a 3" downpipe.

I really want a FB trans next.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I think the 76GTS and 7675 CEA, are the same turbo just GTS is the old name? I am running a 185 twisted wedge head and a FB AOD(UCC Converter) I have a 3" downpipe also. I am VERY VERY eager to see what the 7675CEA does compared to my older style 76 Turbonetics. Should have dyno results within a couple weeks. Anything over 800 I would be happy, 850+ would be incredible.

Grover are you running a solid or hydralic cam? What fuel pump? and pretty sure 954rwhp is 8 second power for your signature :)

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
mw95gt, didnt mention ifyou were on race fuel, but if you were on pump you certainly can get more out of the tune on e85, just be prepared to tax the fuel system for the conversion

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
small hydro cam ( back before Jay allen went off the deep end)
Weldon 2035

Needless to say I am very impressed with this old "dinosaur" of a turbo

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
small hydro cam ( back before Jay allen went off the deep end)
Weldon 2035

Needless to say I am very impressed with this old "dinosaur" of a turbo

so yours is the cast wheel not the billet? wow I agree insane numbers! I would be more than pleased

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hellion Kit
TW 205
Super Vic
76GTS
80lbs Pump 93
Frezzy Cam H.D.
Astro T-5 upgrading to t-56
GP 03-04 Cobra Tank 1300HP/ fuel system - Doing next week
MS PNP

I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My turd blower is a comp 7879 with billet wheel... Yes those times are on 93octane..no race fuel.. I do have waaay enough fuel system to do e85...I have 160lb injectors along with huge pump and lines rails etc....I know theres more in it for sure just was fishing for rough numbers is all...Also my cam is hydraulic roller...

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Hellion Kit
TW 205
Super Vic
76GTS
80lbs Pump 93
Frezzy Cam H.D.
Astro T-5 upgrading to t-56
GP 03-04 Cobra Tank 1300HP/ fuel system - Doing next week
MS PNP

I'll keep you posted
good luck on those 80lbers!!! base pressure gonna be thru the roof!

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
See sig on a smaller ci motor. It is coming apart right now for a new wiring harness and engine management system. Going with Holley Dominator and a few other electrical changes then a tune. It made 650rwhp with no timing it what so ever. I asked for perfect street manners and got EGTs through the roof because of not enough advance. I am looking to make 750rwhp with some tuning or maybe a few more pounds of boost.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Well...my new 347 is strictly a strip setup now.

Combo:
Boss block big bore 347 with 11:1 custom diamond pistons, custom SR turbo cam, 225 highports, ebrock vic sr. efi intake, FAST xfi, 160# inj, a/w ic, Work turbochargers prepped BW cast wheel S476, S&M motorsports tune, running Renegade fuels unleaded race E85.

I run in a limited 8.5" tire heads up 1/8th mile class now...so no 1/4 mile numbers.
I ran a 5.52 at 131.8 w/ 1.36 60' so far. Broke something in the converter last weekend. Waiting to get it back from PTC this week.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hey man on my Master Power MP76 on my 327 b50 sportsman I made 709rwhp and 750rwtq, 60# injectors and AIS methanol setup. 93 octane and PMS.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Did you ever take it to the track?..If so what ET/MPH....I took mine to the track and it ran 9.75 @137....I was on a really safe tune up...I was thinking it would have done much better but this being a sn95 it's a tank..lol. I know theres still more to be had as my intake temp's were through the roof (138deg) and It was about 78deg outside. This was on a drag radial. 1.41 60ft. I think with e85 theres more in it...I have not taken it to the dyno yet. Self tuning it.
Our combos are very close. I am still tuning mine so I haven't had a chance to wring it out yet. I am using a PMS to tune mine. How much boost and how much timing were you running at the track? Also, was that off the brake?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts