Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully installed a chevy T56 in a SN95? I know theres some cutting required and I have to convert to hydraulic. Just trying to save some cash on the up coming build.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Has anyone successfully installed a chevy T56 in a SN95? I know theres some cutting required and I have to convert to hydraulic. Just trying to save some cash on the up coming build.
T56 is a T56 from the way I understand it. There was no cutting involved in installing my Viper Spec from D&D with a QuickTime bell and cable clutch.

1995 Cobra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chevy version uses a hydraulic clutch set up, ford uses cable. The gear shift is also in a different location.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The T56 I wasn't aware it had 2 shifter locations. There all the same trans. My viper spec T56 in my fox is from D&D it just has a mounting plate so it fits the QuickTime bellhousing/ ford blocks. I had to massage my trans tunnel a bit in my car but other than that just snug fit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There the same out of the termi cobras minus input shafts. If you swap and LS in it is the only time I know it will move it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts