Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so got on3 set up on a fox body and decided to try and pick up some quicker et's and swapped in a aod in place of the old t5. Aod has a tci 3500 stall and just a shift kit. I thought going auto was suposed to trim some time of them et's not run slower! So what am I missing? Do I need more gear (currently running 3.08)?

Here's a vid with the t5

And a vid with the aod

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
What do the slips look like? The big thing with the auto is going to be matching the converter correctly, could be leaving alot in the table with just that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing matching the converter correctly envolves having one built an not using A "off the shelf" converter?

·
Registered
472 Posts
What size tire are you running? Are you running a transbrake?

If you are basically a stock 5.0 with a turbo kit, the 3.08s are going to hold you back some, a little too much load on the turbo. A 3.55 gear with a 26" tire would be a good starting point to see where to go. If that is too much, then you can always go to a 28" tire to make up for it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
converter is holding you back a converter built for a turbo setup is nothing like a converter off the shelf. some people even say that stock converter would be better then a off the shelf one

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
converter is holding you back a converter built for a turbo setup is nothing like a converter off the shelf. some people even say that stock converter would be better then a off the shelf one
We dang, only reason I used that tci converter is because I got it with the swap! Who is building converters are all the turbo guys?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Same song and it even sounds like the same cacklin ass car u hear at the beginning of both videos! Lol. Oh yeah, gears, converter

1 - 20 of 31 Posts