Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to trade a T5 setup for a somewhat built C6. My T5 is a high mileage from an 89 GT, McLeod bellhousing, spec stage 3 clutch. C6 has a full manual reverse valve body, kevlar clutches, and two monster transmission converters. Car is a 302, AFR 185 heads, TFS stage1 cam, blow through E85 carb, 72mm Turbonetics turbo.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have an opportunity to trade a T5 setup for a somewhat built C6. My T5 is a high mileage from an 89 GT, McLeod bellhousing, spec stage 3 clutch. C6 has a full manual reverse valve body, kevlar clutches, and two monster transmission converters. Car is a 302, AFR 185 heads, TFS stage1 cam, blow through E85 carb, 72mm Turbonetics turbo.

The C6 is strong, but it's also a heavy pig. Somewhere around 180 lbs as I recall with the converter. A T5 is what? 100 at the most? Typically a C6 is about .2 slower than a C4, and about .25-.3 slower than a glide-with weight having a lot to do with it, and the transmission's rotational mass sucking up some power.

I'm a stick shift guy, and won't comment on whether or not you should do it because I'm biased. But you should know that there's a likelihood that going to a C6 might hurt your ET's and especially MPH.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did some research on the C6, weight, size, and it's likleyhood to slow the car a bit were all concerns among other users. I shared the same concerns. My worries with the T5 are pretty obvious as well, with a car producing well north of 500hp it's just a matter of time before it turn into a rotating schrapnel despensor. On second thought I could baby the T5 until I decide what I really want in there. Trading a known good T5 for a mystery C6 might not be that great.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
unless you are looking for a boat anchor i wouldnt

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, after doing some research I'm going to pass on the C6. I've got a case fill C4 I can go through sometime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts