Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to convert to C4 sometime soon. Need suggestions, experiences.
Drag car with some weekend street use.
Supercharged 347 looking to get into 10s.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Leave the peddle in just in case you want to go back. You can use the stock cross member, I broke the welds and slid into place. Its Basically a bolt on..!! Good luck

·
Registered
292 Posts
use good stuff the first time it sucks talking transmissions out when your laying on your back. and pay attention to the bell housing there is 157 tooth, 164 tooth, one for big and small block, one that bolts to the pump and one that bolts to the case, and case and pan fill, and also c4 and c5 bell housing. c5 bell housing is deeper and wont work with a c4 converter ask how i know lol.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Leave the peddle in just in case you want to go back. You can use the stock cross member, I broke the welds and slid into place. Its Basically a bolt on..!! Good luck
x2

I went from 11.56 with T5 and paxton 1220SL / 331 to 10.60's with a manual C4 4200 stall trans.

Big difference for me!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm in the process of converting right now, actually it's almost done but having some issues with 3rd gear.
I did the same thing Nutzz said about the tranny cross member.
I made a plate to cover the hole in the tranny tunnel for my quarterstick to mount to. If money is not an option for you Holcomb motorsports makes a sunken adapter plate for mounting the quarterstick (if thats what you're using).

You might need to look into a driveshaft spacer. Apparently the C4s are a little shorter. Some run as is, but if you're gonna be hammering on it at the track you might want to look into a spacer to have more material contact in the tail shaft.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
dont buy the spacer i did and the bolts smashed into the drive shaft and took some pretty big chunks out of it, running 2 cars right not with c4's neither have spacers 1.37 60 and a 6.20 1/8 best so far

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
dont buy the spacer i did and the bolts smashed into the drive shaft and took some pretty big chunks out of it, running 2 cars right not with c4's neither have spacers 1.37 60 and a 6.20 1/8 best so far
Wow, what pinion angle were you running?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts