Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
blew the 349 so now its time to go lsx. i have a few questions before i get started......

i have a tko 600, is there anyway to reuse this trans? i deff want to keep it manual

i have a glenns performance fuel system that has a sumped tank, 2 255 bosch's with 2 6AN lines for a feed and a 6AN for a return. what can i still use out of this (im staying f.i.)

lastly, what are you guys doing with the T.B. do i have to go dbw or is there a manual linkage t.b. that can bolt on?

thanks guys and im sure ill be asking more

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
When I was putting my hybrid together about two yeasr ago no one had figured out how to run any manual typs tranny in the fox cars except for the t56/m12 which is what I have. Someone may have now got something to work by now though.

You will just need to crank up the fuel psi to around 60. You can use a c5 filter/regulator and a few fittings if you want. It's affordable and it works fine.

The TB depends on the motor/ECU you plan on running. Check out ls1tech.com in th hybrid section and read, read, read.....

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
QUICKTIME makes a bellhouseing for what your try'in to do

·
Registered
73 Posts
Keep your fuel system you have and get a good efi regulator that will allow 60psi. With a return and your set on that part.

The tranny I have no clue

As far as the throttle body. You could always get a VIC Jr efi intake and a 4150 4barrel throttle body

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have a 10 spline tko 500. i was wanting to do this swap but try and keep my spec 3+ clutch. do they have a flywheel for the ls motor that allows the use of a 10.5" clutch?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i have a 10 spline tko 500. i was wanting to do this swap but try and keep my spec 3+ clutch. do they have a flywheel for the ls motor that allows the use of a 10.5" clutch?
you could bring the LS flywheel to a machine shop and have it drilled for the ford pressure plate bolt pattern

1 - 8 of 8 Posts