Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
I remember brian a friend of mine had an aftermarket oil pan and the swaybar used to get caught on it. I remember a mechanic who lift it in the air almost crapped his pants when the car went up and the suspension did not droop and then BANG the suspension drooped.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
carrew said:
I remember a mechanic who lift it in the air almost crapped his pants when the car went up and the suspension did not droop and then BANG the suspension drooped.
What does that have to do with the angle of the end links?

·
Registered
222 Posts
With the car at ride height, the swaybar arms should be level to the ground, the links will need to be shortened to achive this, assuming the car in question has ben lowered. If the links are not perpendicular to the ground, the bar needs to be moved forward or back till they are.
The link to bar angle should be 90* to maximize the effectiveness of the sway bar, and provide consistent results.
Also use care to have no preload in the bar when done, minor adjustments to link lenght on one side will correct this.

·
Registered
17,035 Posts
89cobranotch said:
What does that have to do with the angle of the end links?
Maybe his swaybar is stuck on somth pulling the endlinks forward, maybe hitting a curb the car might of been wrecked in the past.

Don't be so quick to judge, it seems like you like to judge but offer no advice or possiblilty of fixing the problem. Basically we need more info.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
carrew said:
Maybe his swaybar is stuck on somth pulling the endlinks forward, maybe hitting a curb the car might of been wrecked in the past.

Don't be so quick to judge, it seems like you like to judge but offer no advice or possiblilty of fixing the problem. Basically we need more info.
Sorry that you took it that way. I was only curious to how that effected the end links. I recently changed end links after I took the sway bar off to go drag racing. I saw that they were on an angle prior to removing them. My car is lowered so that probably has somthing to do with it.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Should be parallel to ride height.

[spam warning]
When re-installing, could find these, so I ordered another set. Then found them. Now for sale... contact privately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts