Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
From the info I've seen, it will make very little (if any) power on a stock engine. Add in the fact that the choking points in the '96-'98s are the intake manifold and heads, and you really won't be able to get much power from many of the bolt-ons out there. I'm not sure how a TB effects the newer cars ('99+).

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to do every bolt on mod and get the best time possible before I get my SVO heads, & SVO intake/blower combo.

Hey man what all mods do you have done to your car and what is your best time at the track?

·
Registered
493 Posts
When my car was N/A, I lost hp and torque so I took it off and put it back on when I got the suupercharger.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Not a whole lot in the mod department. I bought my car used about three years ago with a K&N and Flowmasters already done. I put in a TriAx shifter, FRP B springs, Bilsteins, and ported the MAF (for the hell of it...did close to nothing, but had to find out for myself). In the garage, I've got a VRS catalytic X (this weekend's job), and by the end of the month I'll have new P&P'd '01 heads and intake, cams w/ new springs, headers, and 180°F thermostat on the car. After all that, I think I'll put some 3.73 gears in and be done for the year. I've been to the track once, about two years ago. My best of only two runs (VERY long lines) at Great Lakes Drag was a 15.2 @ 90mph with some loss of traction. We'll see how it does after surgery :D

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey there,

Ditch the idea of the TB or Cold air induction kit which offer tiny hp gains (2-4 on a NA car..sometimes ZERO for the TB... 5-8hp for cold air) ..and go for a C&L or Pro M 80mm MAF... for around 280$..you'll get 3-4 times the horsepower gain (note that it increases your midrange torque and horsepower bands typically in the 10 to 15hp/ftlb range). The C&L kit comes with a big K&N cone filter and cover to help it draw cold air from the inner fenderwell. pretty much saving you your hard earned $$$$ from buying a cold air kit.

GOod luck!

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far I have a BBK Offroad H pipe, FRPP Shorties going in tomorrow, Cold air kit coming in tuesday, Gutted MAF that looks identical to the C&L without spending the money, & Resistor mod to bump the timing to 14 degrees. All I need to finish my induction for now is a throttle body and a catback to finish my exhaust. That is the reason that I am asking about the throttle body! I would love to find a used SVO 70MM that someone is selling cheap.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
On a basicly stock car,dont put it on.I lost 10 rwhp at 5900 rpms with it(only had a K&N,flowsmasters,and pullies).But after all my mods and a tune it helped across the board from idle to redline.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
If you do get one stay 70mm and stay ford.The ford comes with a new tps sensor so swapping tbodys will only take 5 mins.That way if you dont have to fight with removing sensors and swapping them to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts