Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would i need to get my 93 cobra to hang with these new z06's? Is it possible?

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
Depends on the driver more than anything else, but equal drivers? Good f-ing luck. You'll need a ton of power and a griggs or MM catalog on the suspension.

·
Registered
29 Posts
MFE is right. Equil drivers... Not very likely. I race a 04 cobra and Crewchief a 06 Z06 race team. By the time you got that mustang to a level that would beat a stock Z06, the only mustang that would be left is the badging.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Graft the Cobra body over a ZO6 chassis, then work on the CD.... :rolleyes: J/K, what MFE and EarlAutoWorks said.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats kind of what I thought. I guess I will keep it geared towards straight track.

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
thats kind of what I thought. I guess I will keep it geared towards straight track.
Why, because if you can't keep up with a Z06 in the corners, it isn't worth doing? You won't keep up with a Z06 in the 1/4 either, might as well hang it all up.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
When I started modifying my car-turd, I didn't have it in my head to go head to head with Corvettes. Hell no. I was measuring performance against other local Mustangs. It's a more realistic comparison versus a car designed from the outset for excellent acceleration, braking and cornering ability.

·
Banned
239 Posts
people are talking about z06 design is so superior, yet the GTR is heavier, bigger, has less horsepower, and with all that still its whooping Z06 Corvettes little butt. :blam: Wheres the physics on that? it will cost you, you will be faster, but forget about ride quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
people are talking about z06 design is so superior, yet the GTR is heavier, bigger, has less horsepower, and with all that still its whooping Z06 Corvettes little butt. :blam: Wheres the physics on that? it will cost you, you will be faster, but forget about ride quality.
Two reasons ZO6 Goodyear's and "GTR" Bridgstone/Dunlop . Change the tires on the Z06 to a similar tire and the outcome is different.

·
Banned
239 Posts
Two reasons ZO6 Goodyear's and "GTR" Bridgstone/Dunlop . Change the tires on the Z06 to a similar tire and the outcome is different.
i guess GTR can play the same game, just up the boost and still a different result.

·
Banned
239 Posts
And the Z06 can add headers and a tune so what...you asked why the GTR comes out on top, and I told you. One uses decent street tires at best the other uses close to race tires.
I was talking about matching the horsepower by upping the boost.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Like I said, it's better to stick with "apples to apples" comparisons.

What's to say the ZO6 couldn't get boosted too. :) It's a circular discussion.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I think the last time we had the old Corral, "How can my Mustang handle better than my buddies XXXXXX" the answer ended up being that the Mustang needed a tube chassis, full slicks, some boosted aluminum block 9,000rpm motor with carbon fiber body panels and the Z06 had to race with the A/C on.

Or something like that.... ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the last time we had the old Corral, "How can my Mustang handle better than my buddies XXXXXX" the answer ended up being that the Mustang needed a tube chassis, full slicks, some boosted aluminum block 9,000rpm motor with carbon fiber body panels and the Z06 had to race with the A/C on.

Or something like that.... ;)
Ain't physics a bitch:cool:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Must be Ground Hog Day...yet another thread about what to do to make my Mustang handle like/better than a Corvette.

I propose a mandatory minimum number of searches are required before someone is allowed to post in any one of the forums. Either that or the next person to start a thread like this should be directed to Corner Carvers and be forced to post the exact same question.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts