Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting to do some WOT testing. I can launch the car leaving at 4K RPM's and it dead hooks. But clear through 4th gear at higher RPM it wants to break the tires loose. Just trying to figure out what to adjust, if anything. This is on the blacktop, Hoosier QTP, 27/11.5/15

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Couple of hundred pounds of lead in the trunk should fix it...Lol

Reactions: KEVIN$

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I ran the 27x10.5 QTPs. You should be able to go 1.4's on those on a stock suspension; with minimal work, low to mid 1.3's. I ran around 16-17 psi in mine. That said, lighting up street radials is one thing, lighting these up at 75+ mph is a different story - they're basically slicks. How much power are you making? Is the road sandy or gravelly? Are your torque boxes, bushings and shocks/struts in good shape?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran the 27x10.5 QTPs. You should be able to go 1.4's on those on a stock suspension; with minimal work, low to mid 1.3's. I ran around 16-17 psi in mine. That said, lighting up street radials is one thing, lighting these up at 75+ mph is a different story - they're basically slicks. How much power are you making? Is the road sandy or gravelly? Are your torque boxes, bushings and shocks/struts in good shape?
Torque boxes are in very good condition and re-enforced with wild rides upper and lower battle box kit, welded in. Double adjustable upper control arms with solid bushings (new). Fabbed lower control arms but stock length with solid bushings on the axle side, poly on the chassis side, (new). Competition engineering shocks (maybe 1K miles on them).

The road seems to be in good shape, but i can't see every inch of it either. No idea how much power the car is making, H/C/I 302, blowthrough carb on E85, 16psi with a single turbo. The car gets to a certain point in the power band and I get a violent shaking from the back end, feels like going over a rumble strip. I'm not certain it's tire spin anymore, maybe something else is out of wack.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I remember years ago Robin Lawrence told me he would do that, stick 200# of lead on the rear bumper. Tires are at 18psi
He had a weight limit to and was moving weight around , that’s how he got by doing that...

I wouldn’t dare put 200lbs in the car that will hurt the whole run from start to finish!

See if your track will spray some vht all the way down the track

1 - 8 of 8 Posts