Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car is now 4 linked with coilovers in the rear tubular arms and coilovers up front. Everything is set fully extended now and when I nail the car the left front goes to the sky and wants to flip the car over it feels like. what adjustments do I need to start with to get this car to go straight and keep from rolling over. Im new at this straight line suspension stuff so any help would be awesome

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
the car is now 4 linked with coilovers in the rear tubular arms and coilovers up front. Everything is set fully extended now and when I nail the car the left front goes to the sky and wants to flip the car over it feels like. what adjustments do I need to start with to get this car to go straight and keep from rolling over. Im new at this straight line suspension stuff so any help would be awesome
Lol. I just posted this to a new thread. I have read many articles on this and found these to be the easiest to understand. And it addresses your question.
To address your particular problem , adjust the right upper rear control arm, shorten buy turning one flat at a time and retest. Small adjustment will make a big difference. I hope this helps you.

Tuning 4 Link Rear Suspensions for the Drag Strip

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it looks like the learning curve with my 4 link is gonna be a time consuming one lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
ARB

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you talking about and arb locker? the car has a spool in it now

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ARB= anti roll bar . ARB will affect equal tire plant. If car is launching to the left or right. Your " chassis twist " is adjusted with rear control arms. Along with the having a good chassis and roll cage would help also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car has a good chassis and good though floor full cage front to back and under braces its just been finished up so im just now starting to tune suspension to get it to go straight

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I got it to go straight and no body with link adjustments and coilover adjustments it goes straight as an arrow now. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That's good to hear. But we need to hear some times too. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts