Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a superchip on my 99 cobra with a vortech.

I have noticed if I disconnect that battery for several minutes and reconnect the car seems to be much more responsive and has more power. After about 3-4 tanks of gas it returns to the prior state.

Does the chip load up with conservative parameters or something?

Can someone explain this? Has it happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't have any experience with the superchip but I am a technician, when the battery is unhooked all of your learned strategies will go back to there original settings. Once running, the PCM monitors all of the sensors, like the o2's for example. It has a base fuel setting to start, once running it will adjust injector pulse width based on the o2 readings as well as MAF, BARO, coolant & air temp, etc... Sometimes these changes can take a while. If you have a skewed MAF or o2 reading, for example, the fuel trims could be adjusted to cause a poor running condition. An o2 that never switches below 0.5 volts always indicates a rich condition so the pcm will continue to take fuel away until it is running very lean, that could cause your car to slowly run worse & worse. While it is possible, it is not likely that the superchip is causing the running problem but rather a sensor of some sort is bad. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts