Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently installed a v2 on my Fox and have a few issues I need to iron out.

First of all, I have a 3.33 drive pulley, 6.87 crank pulley and an aftercooler setup, powerpipe with lightning 90mm maf and 60lb injectors. Upgraded Vortech bypass valve. No vacuum leaks I can find. I am only seeing 5psi max and 3-4 hold. Im running Hooker headers and Gt40x heads with an anderson n41 cam, and an old school Edelbrock Performer Intake. This seems low on the boost, but I dont see any signs of belt slip. Whats up?

Also, I am now having problems with my alternator charging. Its a 3g 130 amp alternator with 4 gauge feed wire and an odyssey p1100 battery. Battery light comes on and voltage slowly drops while driving. All wires in tact and was charging fine before supercharger install. Is belt wrap the problem here?

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I saw about 8 with a 3.33 6.87 with my sci. You probably need to tighten the belt.

Your alternator issue sounds like a voltage regulator problem. If it was a belt wrap issue, I would think you would here it squeal every once in a while.

Mine does do what you are saying but, only when it is wet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have you confirmed that the bypass valve is fully closing under boost/ 0 vac conditions? That is what came to my mind right off the bat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I go about confirming that?

Also, have ran a few wiring tests and confirmed a bad alternator (regulator), so I'll be swapping that out tomorrow.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would simply remove it from car and see if I could blow air through it. If you can then it obviously isn't completely closing at 0 vac conditions. If you had an air compressor you could push 10 psi or so into the vacuum nipple and see if the bypass was still allowing you to blow air through it.

I can't think of any other way to test it under 0 vac/Boost conditions.

Good Luck

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did end up fixing both issues. Belt was apparently slipping. Solved with a .5" shorter belt and an anderson tensioner adjuster. Alternator simply warrantied out and replaced.

·
Formerly known as 89 steeda
734 Posts
I also fought the same belt slip issue since Im forced to run the 6 rib pulleys. I got the Anderson tensioner and sent my pulleys to Carbinite for their electro plating and I havent had an issue since

1 - 7 of 7 Posts