Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting my kit shipped out in a few days, running a tfsr lower with a custom box upper and a 90mm tb, I have a 3.5" to 4" adapter from running a 3.5" anderson pipe to my tb, was thinking maybe a 3" section of metal piping going into the stock on3 elbow and reducer on the end, any suggestions would be great

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
That will work, or you can sell the 90mm and get a 75mm.

That's what I did. I wasn't going to do it at first because I didn't want to "down-grade" my throttle body, but after seeing a turbo fox with a 75mm t/b run 5.6's in the 1/8th at Feb's ORTC in Georgia I changed my mind.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not saying the car won't make power, but when the intake has a 90mm opening it would be ignorant to say running a 75 is gona give me the same exact results. But if its gona be a pain in the ass I might just downgrade

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I have a 90 with B&G 3 inch cold side.

Race part solutions or VS Racing should be able to sell you a silicone that will work for that. I don't remember which I got it from.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got a 90 degree 3" to 3.5" silicone adapter on Ebay that works great. They have a ton of options.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
but when the intake has a 90mm opening it would be ignorant to say running a 75 is gona give me the same exact results

That's exactly what I'm saying. Unless you're trying to make more than 800 rwhp, I don't think you'll notice very much difference at all between the two throttlebodies.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm ill have to see how things go then and go from there, the 90mm just made my throttle response so much quicker I don't want to ditch that

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Can you explain how the throttle body was changing driving manners?

You weren't trying to use your cruise control were you?

·
4,310 Posts
After so many years I really do not remember the specifics. I just remember swapping around trying different things and ultimately ended back on the 70. Also remember no power gains. I don't recall if I still had cruise control at that point because I had to yank it when I went to the Reichard intake. I most certainly though am one to use cruise control in a daily driver if it has it and it functions.

·
Registered
422 Posts
A given throttle angle movement on a bigger TB is going to move alot more air then the smaller one. What you will end up with is a touchier throttle/less resolution in the pedal when its almost closed.

Ideally you want a throttle just little big bigger than the volumetric flow rate of the motor. And i mean that fits JUST the motor. Not boosted mass flow rates converted to CFM (a volume)

If your motor uses a 70-75mm N/A, use the same size one boosted, i dont see how going to a huge throttle is going to really help all that much.

Also to point out, if your needing a special coupler to connect the smaller pipe, to the larger throttle. The way i see it, your already/still going to adapt a smaller cross section to a larger one, so it doesnt really matter if its the thottle itself being the change point or the silcone coupler. So makes more sense to me to have the smaller throttle that better matches the motor and pipe and have better low throttle response rather than just use the huge throttle just because its big and not going to really do anything.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dam Im stupid, dont know why I made this thread tbh when you look at it that way. Cold side piping is 3" which is smaller than my tb in the first place. Lmao things arent clear building this kit in my brain

1 - 14 of 14 Posts