Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just complete the motor build up on my 94, and now its time to work on the suspension. Is there a difference b/w manufacturers of susbframe contectors? (quality, strength) My car will eventually be a track car only, so I'm looking for something light & strong. Let me know what you are using and why. Also I notice some are full length...Are these stronger/better?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
what about the throught the floor ones?? add those in there also. theres like 100 different types i guess it all depends on what color ya want and how much $$ ya got to spend and if you put them in yourself or not some like the kenny brown extreme matrix kit are time consuming to put in

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Through the floor subframe connectors are the best you can do for the mustang for stiffening the car up as they tie the frame and the floor ie the body together especially once you ad a roll cage . They are more expensive to have installed as you have to remove the seats and carpeting and cut into the floor so they can be welded up go to this link and you can see how it is done .
http://www.autoweldchassis.com/rcinstruct.ivnu

·
Registered
605 Posts
I went with the Wolfe Racecraft setup... Cage, thru-the-floor subframes, single sway bar, double adjustable uppers, single adjustable lowers.
I dont' have the car runnin yet, but it all looks good.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
contectors

I will be installing them myself. I'll check out the through the floor contectors. How much are these?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
at the link I posted they are now 120.00 I paid 100.00 2 years ago for mine .

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
connectors

I just want to be sure I understand...Once I install a cage, I will need the through the floor connectors? If not, how much less stiffer with the car be with the non-through connectors? I just don't want to buy a part twice...like I always do.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I just want to be sure I understand...Once I install a cage, I will need the through the floor connectors? If not, how much less stiffer with the car be with the non-through connectors? I just don't want to buy a part twice...like I always do.
cajungrav,
thru the floor subframes make the car as close to a frame car as possible without doing a complete tubular chassis.
the subframes connect the front end, rear end and the cage togather rather than using the unibody to connect everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts