Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what times are possible with an SN95 on the Roval. Right now my Cobra has a 347 that's making 500rwhp/500rwtq. I have the MM Road and Track kit so the front is mostly stock with bushings, Koni SA struts and 2° of camber. For the rear, in addition to what comes with the kit, I added a MM TA, stiffer springs and shocks. I still have the stock brakes with Raybestos ST47 pads front and rear and my car weighs just under 3800lbs with me in it. My best time has been a 1:54.936. My buddy has a C5 that's completely built (gutted, coilovers, big brakes, etc.) making 530rwhp/500rwtq and runs on Hoosier slicks. He's running in the 1:49-1:48 range and I wanted to know if it's possible to get an SN95 into that range. I actually would like to be able to beat him one day in my Cobra.

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
We have a 96 GT that has run 1:52 on street tires (100 treadwear) with 275rwhp, so it is certainly possible with 500hp. You are going to need a lot more front grip to do it. Lack of front grip slows the car down a lot in Nascar T2. To a large degree the track is a series of hairpin turns. Lack of front grip costs a lot of time in each of these corners.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack, that's what I wanted to know. I'll start saving up for your front end components. BY the way, I was running Nitto NT01 275x40x17 on all corners. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts