Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed my tri ax last week and is the part that says tri a suppose to be on the top upside down when installed and does the handle mount on the left or the right i put it on the right dont know if this is correct or not

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
1996LASARREDCOBRA said:
ok so i did it right then i thanks for the help why wouldnt they make it so it was the other way not upside down
I wondered that myself, but then again, once you put the trim panel back on, nobody can see Steeda's name on the shifter base anyways.... :p

I wouldn't worry about it. :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Pro 5.0's shifters do that too...you would think they would engrave their names so you can read it when you take the boots all off there...but you are right, who cares, it's normally covered up...

I love my Tri-ax :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just put a tri ax in my bullitt as well, did you have a problem getting the stock nob to fit, mine only went on like 1 and a half turns. also did you put both boots on or just the outer, I couldnt nessicarily tell by the instructions if you were supposed to put both on, the said if you want to try and deaden some of the wine you could install it..... I left it off. Its great though , you just cant miss 3rd gear, the other ones are iffy though i tend to get fourth every now and again instead of 2nd, but just under normal driving

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really had to twist the stock knob hard to get it on all the way. You also have to push straight down on it before turning .... the threads don't come all the way to the base.

FYI , I thought I had mine tight enough and then missed 3rd gear becasue it swung around on me:rolleyes:

Time for an aftermarket knob I guess.... any suggestions ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really had to twist the stock knob hard to get it on all the way. You also have to push straight down on it before turning .... the threads don't come all the way to the base.
You can also trim the plastic piece on the bottom of the handle.
I had the same problem until I shaved a little off of it and twisted the handle down real tight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
PC Doctor said:

FYI , I thought I had mine tight enough and then missed 3rd gear becasue it swung around on me:rolleyes:

Time for an aftermarket knob I guess.... any suggestions ?
http://www.fatknobs.com/

Love mine!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts