Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made some caster plates and they made the biggest difference in the world with stiffness and the increased caster its crazy. The car turns down really hard now but I honestly felt the car bottom the strut out? Its pretty low and I have about 2-2.5" of strut travel at ride height. Doesnt sound like enough to me. I am going to measure the top of the strut to hood clearance and space the plate up if theres room. From there I guess fox struts are supposed to be a hair shorter? I know you guys have dealt with this before...

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Are your spacers set properly? You cant to have as much of the strut above the plate as you can without causing interference between the top of the strut and the hood when closed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont understand what your saying. I didnt use any spacer underneath and I just made a spacer on top. I was going to space up the whole plate it self now if its still an issue..

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
You want this:
Code:
---------  <--hood
  ||          <--strut rod
  ||
======       <--C/C plate
  ||
|    |        <--strut body
Instead of this:
Code:
---------  <--hood

||          <--strut rod
======       <--C/C plate
  ||
  ||
|    |        <--strut body

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't forget if you're still running Fox spindles that you'll get a bit more bump travel with SN95 spindles (think brake upgrade). I had my car way too low and a ride height change and SN95 spindles helped out quite a bit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i dont have the mm style i made my own and let the strut hit all the way into the bearing, and made a spacer onm top.. Its a 2000 so I dont have a fox

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am stuck between billstein or koni single adjustable yellows. This is just my fun car not trying to do anything crazy.. I am still unsure on the d specs...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok its a caster plate I didnt make it adjustable on I offset the bearing so I can get about a degree and a half negative with them all the way in the positive direction

1 - 11 of 11 Posts