Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some adjustable Tokico drag struts for my car that are made for 94-95 cars. My car was lowered by the previous owner and I am wondering if I will run into any issues because it is lowered? Should I have bought foxbody struts instead or will I be ok?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Since you already have them, put them in loosely and jack a-arm to ride height and see how much travel you have up and down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna try that and hopefully it works. Thanks for the idea, how much travel should I be looking for? They are adjustable so I guess put them on the loosest setting?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Not necessarily. Start mid with the looseness. I was at Sema and talked to Tokico and he said to use fox body struts on lower 94-04's. But if youre not bottoming out, then youre fine. How low are you? Im 1.25"

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Gonna try that and hopefully it works. Thanks for the idea, how much travel should I be looking for? They are adjustable so I guess put them on the loosest setting?
You want as much travel as needed to make the car hook. If it has a lot of nose weight and doesn't hook very well. Then you need tons of travel. If the car hooks very well already then you could get away with less travel. Hopefully one of the next two weekends I will be testing at Mason Dixon. If the car is done bring it out and I can try to assist.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man and hopefully I can have the car out in the next couple weeks. It's been a slow process getting the car together. I'm about an hour from Mason Dixon, so if all goes well I will be up there soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts