Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i have been looking at the strange pro race axle packages with the 5/8 stud upgrade. Problem is i have weld drag lites who has lugnuts that you can use?

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
When you order the axles just tell them what wheels you have and the thickness of the hub and they will get you the right length lugs.

I have them on my car. use them with drag lites and my Bogarts.

Tim

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yea , pretty sure you switch to the aluminum spacer, short lug nut style.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I don't have pics but I think mine uses a 1/2 or 3/8 spacer.

They are well worth it compaired to the shank lugs.

Tim

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
i hope that they (the spacers) make it easier to put the wheels on, post a pic when ya get some time
Put wheel on then spacer then nut and tighten. No fighting with getting them lined up.

Tim

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here is another one for you do you have to enlarge the holes in the stock drums to use the 5/8 studs? And going to use the s/s axle package because its not somthing that will never see street use .

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Yes the drums will have to be opened.

I have the Pro Race I drive it on the street 90% of the time. Drive it with respect and you will be fine.

Tim

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks i just both the pro race 33 spline and the lightweightspoolwith the c clip elims already pressed on

·
Registered
825 Posts
Here is another one for you do you have to enlarge the holes in the stock drums to use the 5/8 studs? And going to use the s/s axle package because its not somthing that will never see street use .

You will need to enlarge the holes bigger than 5/8 because of the solid sleeve over the 5/8 studs. I think 11/16 comes to mind. In the end though it is a much more rigid setup then shank style 1/2 lugs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts