Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the strange 10 ways for the front of my notch, but couldn't find the answer I need when I did a "search". How do these struts act? I've seen that 1-2 is loose and 9-10 is the firmest, but say on the loose end with a setting of "2" for example...does the strut extend freely allowing the front to rise and then being a loose setting allow the front end to rebound or come back down quickly as well? Or, does it extend freely and then rebound slowly like a 90/10 or 70/30? I'd rather not buy a specific 90/10 or 70/30, but I also don't want to shell out for the 10 ways and find that I get the initial weight transfer and then lose it because the loose setting on the strut allows the front end to slam back down. I currently have the kyb adj's and they are okay, but I want better. Please share your experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I run them on my car and it rises fast and settles slow and I have it on the loosest setting.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
They cost $40 extra for the set versus a set of Lakewood 90/10 or 70/30s. Buy them as they are adjustable to whatever you want them to be, I run mine fully stiff on the street but I run a 14" 110lb spring.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
469 Posts
Shocks

I'm looking into the strange 10 ways for the front of my notch, but couldn't find the answer I need when I did a "search". How do these struts act? I've seen that 1-2 is loose and 9-10 is the firmest, but say on the loose end with a setting of "2" for example...does the strut extend freely allowing the front to rise and then being a loose setting allow the front end to rebound or come back down quickly as well? Or, does it extend freely and then rebound slowly like a 90/10 or 70/30? I'd rather not buy a specific 90/10 or 70/30, but I also don't want to shell out for the 10 ways and find that I get the initial weight transfer and then lose it because the loose setting on the strut allows the front end to slam back down. I currently have the kyb adj's and they are okay, but I want better. Please share your experience. Thanks.
Obviously the strange struts that your looking at are a "single" adjustable design. And yes, if you set them on a 1-2 soft setting it will come down and compress just as fast as it went up.
If that worries you, than spend a little more $$$ and buy a double-adjustable strut so you can adjust compression & rebound seperatly.
That doesn't mean that a single adjustable is bad- there are other ways to control your suspension without comming down hard!
So in essence, go with the adjustable ones , not the non adjustables.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Strange single adjustables on all 4 corners of my car and I love them.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I too am running Strange on all 4 corners. Love the adjustablity. Here's a short video of its last time out. We pulled 1.35-1.39 all weekend. The last run was a 1.51 with the rear tires. Fronts were set on 4.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
I have them also

bang for the buck none better. The extension is really all you need to worey about.

I have never had my car unload the tires when the front end came down.

You don't want the strut to hold the car up just grabs more air and can put the front end where it is scrubing the tires and slowing you down. returning to normal ride height is where you want to be.

Tim

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have them on all 4 corners as well. have ben constant 1.30,1.31 60' on 26/10 slicks with a c4. best of 1.301

1 - 9 of 9 Posts