Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange 10 way settings?

What would you start out with as far as settings front and rear? Also what is a good air pressure to run in the back tires?

88 LX notch 306 Astro A5 trans 426 RWHP 393 RWTQ
Front suspension coil over 14" 150 pound spring.

Rear suspension Baseline Street outlaw relocated uppers/ Baseline adjustable lowers with stock spring 1 coil cut and 275 40 17 M&H drag radial.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Track conditions usually dictate strut/shock settings, with that tire imo going to be hard to hook with stick and the pwr you are making. If it were my car I would start around 3 on strut and 3 on shock. Video is your best friend to see how car is working, also the clutch in car is either going to help and or kill that tire!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Track conditions usually dictate strut/shock settings, with that tire imo going to be hard to hook with stick and the pwr you are making. If it were my car I would start around 3 on strut and 3 on shock. Video is your best friend to see how car is working, also the clutch in car is either going to help and or kill that tire!!!
3 from the softest setting? Right now I have a King Cobra pressure plate with a Centerforce dual friction disc. I was afraid the tire may be alittle on the aggressive side and hook to hard. I haven't ran the car yet, pretty sure I have the front on 3 and the rear on 5. 1 being the softest and 10 being stiff. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry about that, yes from full soft 3 clicks clock wise. I'll give another IMO lol , I'm thinking to get car to hook on radials your gonna have to manually slip clutch pedal on a launch but be careful not to slip to much are you will burn up the disc. Or try out a clutch tamer to consistently launch car. Another option is get some 15" wheels and M/T 26×10 STIFFS and lay the hammer to that thing! !!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
It was my experience that the strange rears liked to be full tight. On a good track anything less and it would shake the tire. On a poor track going looser would spin them at the hit. Up front I adjust them for thr track. I start at 2 clicks and tighten them if the track is good to limit the weight transfer at the hit. Its trial and error, take notes, good luck !

·
Registered
217 Posts
It was my experience that the strange rears liked to be full tight. On a good track anything less and it would shake the tire. On a poor track going looser would spin them at the hit. Up front I adjust them for thr track. I start at 2 clicks and tighten them if the track is good to limit the weight transfer at the hit. Its trial and error, take notes, good luck !
So what your saying is you put the rears on 10 and the fronts on 2?

·
Registered
896 Posts
17" DR with a stick is a waste of time. Put 15" slick. 12" 150lb or 14" 150lb front springs, pick your poison. Couple clicks from full soft on front, video is your friend, don't forget to rev it to the moon and dump that 3rd pedal! Drive like its stolen:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts