Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone on corral has run 9's with the stock 5.0 short block. If so post you setup and car...AKA fox, sn95 ect...I have ran as fast as [email protected] foot breaking not using the trans break (lack of traction..crappy track). I know im on borrowed time but figured I'd ask....Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's awesome! I am a full second slower on my stock motor turbo setup and i think i hurt it last week...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.....Im pretty happy...I know theres more in it on the break...Just need a better track or Slicks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I came close but there are that made it. I ran a best of [email protected] 1.5 60 on my coupe. Eddy heads, tfs stage 1, tfs r intake, 70mm mp, c4, 3.08s. Aeromotive fuel system with 60lb inj.
Awesome!!...How much boost were ya running?...I think if i can hook on the break I should be close to that. I'm running the same MPH as you...How long did the block last?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Have you looked on TTF? It can be done if you really push it.
alex do you know the coupe in this video?
one of few that can take out the GTR on the streets!! the grabber blue 2011 is beautiful and I really want one, I just dont want another payment.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The block lasted a good 4yrs. It was in my buddys car for two, he ran 10.0 with it numerous times on c16. And then i bought the motor, added cometics, and ran it on pump gas with a 10.17. 1.5 60

·
Registered
653 Posts
Have you looked on TTF? It can be done if you really push it.
alex do you know the coupe in this video?
Two Boosted Mustangs battle an R35 GTR - YouTube
one of few that can take out the GTR on the streets!! the grabber blue 2011 is beautiful and I really want one, I just dont want another payment.
I know both if them...lol
The grabber blue was at 720 on c16 but he did a pump gas safe tune on low boost. He also owns a 93yellow turbo vert that pushing 800 plus.
The gray coupe is a friend of a friend, he just ran it a bradenton nmra. Stock block motor running 9.6 or 9.7 cant remember the exact number.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What happened?
Not totally sure yet, but might have a crack somewhere in the block. 2 weeks ago at the track it started overheating. Replaced the worse for wear stock radiator and cap, thermostat, and flushed the cooling system. It still is getting hot, just takes longer with the new rad...i need to do a pressure test. It's not blowing anything out the tailpipes and it already has cometic head gaskets...we'll see. Hoping to have time this week to troubleshoot some more, but i don't think i'll be running it at the NMCA event in Pomona this weekend...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts