Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking to get some AFR 165 pedestal heads. Will be running a stock shortblock and a stock cam as well. MAX power is not the goal for me, reliability for a long time is.

Car is a 1995 GT.

My original plan was to run some rebuilt 3 bar heads but because it's going to be KB boosted I would like to drop some weight off the front. Of course, I'm happy with the extra power I'll get too with the AFRs lolol.

I don't think there will be any issues, just looking for some opinions. I did a search and didn't come up with much.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I have a set on Vortech supercharged 5.0 with no issue. Running fms pedestal mount rocker arms. Also had a pedestal mount 185 years ago with zero issues. No issues with their pedestal mounts that I have ever heard about.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set on Vortech supercharged 5.0 with no issue. Running fms pedestal mount rocker arms. Also had a pedestal mount 185 years ago with zero issues. No issues with their pedestal mounts that I have ever heard about.

Thanks Rob, good to know. I don't even want to buy any lol just throw the stockers on.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like that you’re not chasing a number. I also like the stock cam. I did something similar except I went with 351w. Stock HO cam, gt40 3 bars with cobra 1.7 rockers. Stock computer and 24lb injectors. It pulls hard and It’s a blast to drive. I think you’re on the right track there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
sounds ok... i would prefer aftermarket rather than fords stamped steel ones because you never know how much of a factory tolerance was ok when producing the rocker arms.. some may be 1.62 and some may be 1.55

1 - 6 of 6 Posts