Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building just a mild 306 with a boost brothers kit at 9psi and just about to start putting the motor back together.
Question is, is the stock oil pan ok. What advantages do I get from using lets say a moroso or canton or is there any.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
stock pan is fine.

upgrade pans give you more oil and better windage control, but you dont need one.

·
Registered
401 Posts
well the more oil the more cooler also its a good investment if your engine is out that way you wont have to worried in the long run! but stock pan will work fine too!! it all comes down to $$$:salute:
Im building just a mild 306 with a boost brothers kit at 9psi and just about to start putting the motor back together.
Question is, is the stock oil pan ok. What advantages do I get from using lets say a moroso or canton or is there any.

·
Registered
422 Posts
more oil capacity provides better oil temperature and baffling can keep oil around the pickup more of the time instead of sloshing and windage trays and screens and keep oil out of the crankshaft to free up some horsepower.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
save your money, the stocker works fine. your not building a all out race car.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have same kit on 12#, stock pan with ss coupling tig welded in for drain, frpp oil pump and pick-up, around 400 miles on this, going 351w, dont need the 302 stuff any longer, let me know if you need this, thanks Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts