Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock 93 motor looking to install a turbo soon. All I have and was planning on do to the motor was tune up 1.7 RR and I got a holley systemax II for cheap with a 75mm TB. I don't want to pull the motor apart due to it having low miles but will the intake hurt or help? Trying to keep this build easy and cheap.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Agreed, put on the intake and roller rockers if you want, but they are not really going to get you much on a turbo build with a stock block. Save your cash and do heads and intake later if you want with head studs.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock lower intake is ruined... Dont ask. I already have the holley intake and the stock intake is off. I just want to try the turbo world not really concerned with gaining right now. just worried if that intake is too much for the heads which is obvious since the holley intake holes are huge. I'm worried with all that room for air to go in will It be baffled trying to flow Into those small heads.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would sell the systemax intake and get a stock lower. Keep the money left over from the sale of the intake to use towards a dyno tune once the kit is on. I wouldn't bother adding heads,cam or intake to the stock block. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on parts I want it running NA before and parts may change meaning gears and injectors etc. What I still need is cam and pushrods.

Holley Systemax II
TW 170
1.6 Comp Rockers
75mm TB
80mm MAF
30lbs Injectors
255 intake pump (trying to sell for the 340)
31 spline Axles and carrier
ARP bolts through out.

I asked on the blower section about which head gaskets what's everyone running with a turbo?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Gears and injectors will have to change for sure. 9333 pt-1 head gaskets are all you need unless making more than 600hp.

Why not forget about NA and go straight to turbo?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gears and injectors will have to change for sure. 9333 pt-1 head gaskets are all you need unless making more than 600hp.

Why not forget about NA and go straight to turbo?
I need to get it running smogged tagged and everything its been sitting apart in my drive way for a few months.
I have all the parts listed and will start gathering parts for the turbo and wait for a weekend or two to install instead of it sitting for another 6 months or so.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I need to get it running smogged tagged and everything its been sitting apart in my drive way for a few months.
I have all the parts listed and will start gathering parts for the turbo and wait for a weekend or two to install instead of it sitting for another 6 months or so.
Oh I see, that make sense. Yeah, the injectors and maf will need to be changed, but everything else with work, just not ideal for the gears, and a 340 pump would be nice, but lots of guys use the 255 with low boost just fine as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are those blow through tubes better to use or which mass air that's where I'm really stuck?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
IF you decide to change head gaskets put a set of ARP head studs in the block. It will pay dividends under boost. I run a felpro 9333 on both my heads. Been like that all year no issues whatsoever. Made sure my heads were flat to begin with. That also helps and is cheap if you have a machine shop near you. Or at least take a straight edge and 5 mins to test for any warp at all.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
IF you decide to change head gaskets put a set of ARP head studs in the block. It will pay dividends under boost. I run a felpro 9333 on both my heads. Been like that all year no issues whatsoever. Made sure my heads were flat to begin with. That also helps and is cheap if you have a machine shop near you. Or at least take a straight edge and 5 mins to test for any warp at all.
I did this same thing. Man I like looking at people that do the same and get great results!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Its killing me I bought the damn ARP bolts

The motor is apart and awaiting the heads, intake etc

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've only seen them for 150 am I looking in the wrong place lol?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I want to say $113 or something odd like that at summit racing free ship over 99 bucks. All you need is standard block 302 head studs. Get em, trust us. We all will tell you same thing over and over. :)

Unless you like taking turbo headers off :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts