Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had my 99 gt at the FFW event at Norwalk this past weekend and am pretty pleased with the times she went and wanted you guys oppinions. I'll start by saying its got 4.10's, diablo program, MAC cold air, xpipe and flowmaster cat-back. I ran on friday and got a best of 13.35 @101.?? with a 1.88 60ft. Friday night I added a C&L upper elbow and a 75mm TB. With no other changes I went a best of 13.19 @ 103mph with a 1.82 60ft. This is a full weight GT with nothing more that the spare tire removed on all original suspension. Car weighed 3443 with me in it and I weigh 190. Also this was on 17 in wheels with 315 35BFG dr's on back. It bent an axle on the last pass so I parked it. Is this car capable of 12's with some slicks and skinnies and no front sway bar??? Just wanted some oppinions.

·
Registered
522 Posts
12's are very likely with a 1.7x sixty foot and doing the skinnies and no front sway bar... That's movin' out for a GT at that crazy weight!

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
Yep, 12's sound very feasible. Keep working on the driving as well. Btw, what were your shift points?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shift points were all by the seat of my pants I'm guessing around 5500. On the 13.19 pass I powershifted all gears. I haven't made up my mind weather I should just stick in some c-clip strange axles or go with eliminators again as I did on my 85. I love to drive this car, me and my wife and 1 year old get in this car and take it every where, I don't want to make this one any less driveable than a stock car.

·
Formerly LSNotch
840 Posts
QUOTE=joecoupe03;7962087]u dont need the c-clips ele u have disc brakes[/QUOTE]:confused:[

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why don't I need the c-clip eliminators?? Please explain.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow i never looked at it that way, Will the disc really hold the axle??? this would save me a whole lot of money. what are some other oppinions???????

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes it will! i broke my driver side axle on my 02. and it held it in. i was going to as u and everyone talked me out of spending the extra money. so i just put good axles in and let it rock. i mean u are good to where every the rules say u have to have them. but the brakes will hold it in.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice! How fast are you allowed to go with c-clip axle?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats plenty of cushion for my slow ass junk. Like I said before I think I'm just going to put some slicks and skinnies (prostars) on it and remove the sway bar. Once it goes 12's on the stock motor it might get a 75 shot and that would be it. So from what youguys have told me I'm just going to put an eaton and some 31 spline strange c-clip axles in it and leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Damn!!! That's a really good time man!!! I seem to have similar mods (although I don't powershift) and you have 4.10's and the addition of cold air, but I ran full slicks and pushed a best of 13.52. Grant it, the weather was 80 degrees and humid, so I'm hoping I could run similar times when the Fall weather comes around in the Northeast.

Good job!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually this was in 85 degree weather with 85% humidity. We actually went on the true street cruise in the rain. But I gotta tear that rear end apart and see what all I screwed up. If the gears are ok I'll prolly reuse them and if not I might consider some 4.30's. If your running slicks just do a good second gear burnout and make sure you roll out and launch her hard (6000 or so) and you'll get the Et's you want. I drive it like I hate it and thats how you get the numbers you want but at the same time I'm mad I broke it, oh well!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts