Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't find the answer. So please don't yell at me. lol

Anyone here run a stock reg on there stock 5.0L with 42 injectors?
I have the MAF cal'd for 42's but I'm just wondering if I can keep the stock reg with the 67mm turbo I am planning to run.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
the problem is how do you know that it's "working"... you don't unless you can data log your fuel pressure at the regulator. do what you will but i wouldn't as that's not what it was designed for.

·
4,305 Posts
I have had brand new aftermarket regulators not work as they should and it was hell trying to figure out that they were the cause. One Bosch and one I believe Accell, but regardless they were some sort of "name brand". The factory regulator is boost referenced and if no need to adjust base fuel pressure then not need to replace it. Unless of course it has gone bad.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm using the stock regulator with 42's. No issues here.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had a BBK aftermarket regulator fail on me. It was garbage. I put the OEM one back on and it works perfect. It regulates the pressure perfectly, does not bleed down, and best of all, didn't cost me a thing. I am running 60# injectors with a turbo BTW.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a BBK aftermarket regulator fail on me. It was garbage. I put the OEM one back on and it works perfect. It regulates the pressure perfectly, does not bleed down, and best of all, didn't cost me a thing. I am running 60# injectors with a turbo BTW.
What kind of tune do you have?

·
Registered
51 Posts
By "boost referenced" I meant per lb of boost you will see psi rise of FP. Maybe I used the wrong term, no coffee yet so my mind is still numb.

Sent from my iPad Nano
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I believe the same is true for the 4.6 modular motors too.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts