Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the roll center height on a completely stock fox? Curious as I have never attempted to determine this. I set my rear roll center at 9.5" above the ground. Temporarily I will be running drop spindles on the front so my front roll center will end up pretty close to stock. Just wondering what my roll axis inclanation is going to end up at...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Wow -- it;'s been a long time, but I think the front RCH on a factory Mustang is 2-3" above the road surface. Lower the car and it ends up 2-3" BELOW the road surface.

This is based on my fuzzy and aging memory, so take it with a big grain of salt.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Front bumper to ground at curb weight (full of fuel and fluids, empty of cargo and passengers) 15.2 inches, front rocker panel to ground 7.6 inches, rear bumper to ground 13.2 inches rear rocker panel to ground 6.7 inches

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went ahead and started installing a MM k-member instead of my drop spindles. The spindles are the non-roadrace models so I was always going to be second guessing them.

MFE, I believe you experimented with using the upper a-arm mounts with the car not being 2" lower than stock. I don't recall the results you had & can't find the thread. Care to discuss?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I should add some info on why I am interested in using the upper holes. I am running soft springs (275lb) and my rear roll center is 9.5" off the ground. My thoughts are that a higher roll center may work better with the soft springs. Also this would make less of a roll axis inclination. The car is mostly a street car which is the reason for the soft springs. I just want it to be well balanced a stick well enough to have a good time and be able to concentrate on lines, etc.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
MFE, I believe you experimented with using the upper a-arm mounts with the car not being 2" lower than stock. I don't recall the results you had & can't find the thread. Care to discuss?
I've been using the upper holes for a long time now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks MFE for those numbers. I have a dech kit installed so its going to be interesting trying to get a proper height reading lol any tips for that? ;) perhaps a measurement from the bottom of the stock kmember to the ground?

As for street springs, I am running 350s in the front and 250 in the rear, both coil overs, and it is fine on the street. I'm going to bet you will stiffen them up once you see how well a coil over smooths things out in a mustang. (Or any car for that matter)

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Thanks MFE for those numbers. I have a dech kit installed so its going to be interesting trying to get a proper height reading lol any tips for that? ;) perhaps a measurement from the bottom of the stock kmember to the ground?
I pulled them from the 1993 MVMA specs as submitted by Ford, they don't list any other ride height numbers.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I measured a high mileage 88 Gt to the center of the wheelwell opening 27.25 front and 27 5/8" rear. I don't know how this compares to any other cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts