Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys having good luck running a stock cam, thought I read somewhere alot of people are running them retarted 4 degrees, thoughts? combo is

tf170s
tfsr box upper
stock cam
1.7s
On3 prob 8 lb spring

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
mine is retarded 4* .... granted im running stock heads/intake but it seems to work well , I really need to get it on a dyno to see where the power falls off at.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
retarding the cam bumps the useable rang up a couple hundred rpm"s , while advancing it does the opposite.

Could always do some testing to find the sweet spot which is what i may do.

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
That seems like a very small cam for that heads and intake.

If you do use it, you want it retarded 4 degrees for sure. The heads and intake make power way beyond the range of a stock cam retarded or not.

You may want to at least think about an intake that gives you more area under the curve since your motor isn't going to want to spin into the sweet spot of that intake.

We did an Incon car with a stock retarded cam. Sick sleeper. That had an old school RAP box upper on a gt40 lower with tfs heads.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
car made 300wtq by 2700 in my basic 347 with that intake... not worried about it makin power down low at all. Would like shifts to be around 6200...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Im gonnà install it 8 degrees advance and when it puts down 500 with 10lbs everyone will start installing them 8 degrees advance..booooost

·
Registered
520 Posts
We did an Incon car with a stock retarded cam. Sick sleeper. That had an old school RAP box upper on a gt40 lower with tfs heads.
More info on that car?
I plan on running the same deal, stock cam, 1.72's & and the FMS adjustable timing set..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts