Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run a stock cam for the smooth idle, and sleeper style. I have 1.72 rockers, Holley heads and intake on it as well, 72mm turbo. Would you run the cam straight up or retard it 2 or 4 degrees?

Thanks -Jesse

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Mine is straight up...i hear alot of guys tho run them 2 degress retarded...I like mine the way it is..

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would just run the stock cam normal, the lsa will be good for lowend tq which will bring in the power early and let you hold it up top. A couple degrees of retard may be good for some peak power but will loose some lowend tq.

Which reminds me why I love vct lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
Id run it straight up.....I run mine straight up...Especially if its a stock block you'll not want to rev it to the moon unless you like sweeping up parts. :eeek:

·
Registered
994 Posts
What RPM are you stock cam guys shifting at? I specifically went with an "F" cam over the stocker just so I wouldn't have a narrow powerband.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I shift at around 5500 rpms...pulls strong...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up putting it in 2* retarded. I already had the adjustable timing set, figured Id use it. Probably wont even make much of a difference. Ill post up a dyno sheet after I get it dialed in

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
I retarded my stock cam 4 degrees with 1.7 roller rockers, was shifting at 5400rpm went [email protected] with a 70mm MP.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow..
what heads and intake?
How much boost?
Automatic?

·
Registered
15,101 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just read a bunch of your stuff on TTF. Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad to see youre fixing her up tho. You were flying on a pretty simple set up

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Just read a bunch of your stuff on TTF. Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad to see youre fixing her up tho. You were flying on a pretty simple set up
Thanks,
Yes it was a simple setup, that's what I loved about it, I had people trippin at the track.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Mine is installed straight up.

I made 534 rwhp and shift at 6,000

1 - 15 of 15 Posts