Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a custom cam that is for a supercharger .544 lift 229 exhaust .533 lift 224 intake with lcd 113 with 1.6 rockers. i am thinking of a turbo but i have a ucc street strip 3000 stall and it hates this cam. i bought a new 4500 stall to run na but never installed it this summer because now i am thinking of turbo. i am thinking a stock cam with my current 3000 stall willl work great and shift at 5200 rpm will keep my trick flow headed 306 safer than with the custom cam shifting at 6000 rpm. i also have 4.10 gears with 28" tall tires so i am thinking this car may only be a 1/8 mile car. thinking of running 12lbs of boost and making the change to blow thru carburator setup and sell all my efi stuff. thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm a cam noob 4 sure but I can tell you that my buddy that has an Anderson B-31 in his engine left over from a previous build and his Precision billet 67 with a .68 A/R spools significantly slower then my 76mm with a 1.28 A/R. It's about 800 rpm slower and just feels lazier to.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Did you buy the custom cam new?

I know in the past Ed Curtis had a trade in deal...you could swap to a new cam for a great price. Not sure if that still is available today, shoot i dont even know if its a FTI cam lol.

Perhaps research the differences in blower cams and turbo cams. What makes a cam "good" for each situation..etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts