Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original 92 Gt AOD with a 3500 lock up,4.10s, shift kit and et Streets (26X10.50)

1.9 60ft
75 mph

With only 4.10s it ran
2.0 60ft
74 mph

Any aod guys out there can help? Next steps are all suspension but where do I begin?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Rear lower control arms, then springs, and shocks/ struts. I'm in the same boat as you. I have tubular rear control arms but I think I want new ones lol I just got some et streets can't wait to see the 60 ft difference

·
Registered
278 Posts
What are your goals ? Are you wanting to get the best ET on a stock motor ? More gear, higher stall, good control arms, then start dropping weight.

But then your kind taking the "daily" out of "daily driver"

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I have a stock 88 LX aod and have been toying with the same idea. 3500 converter seems pretty loose for a stock 5.0. pinion angle and a looser front strut. Getting those 60fts in the 1.7s would bring huge gains.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
You shouldn't be having any traction issues with those tires at your power level even with the stock suspension. I'd run more tire pressure and go to 3.73 gears and take some weight out. Who's converter is it?

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
So the 3500 stall is streetable? What does it feel like?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Any updates on this combo?

AlexLTDLX, why did you recommend the change to a 3.73 gearset? Is it because of his 3500 rpm stall converter?

I wanted to try drag radials at the track. Either a 245 or 255mm Nitto NT555R, Toyo Proxes TQ or Mickey Thompson ET S/S on 16" pony wheels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No need for suspension modifications. You can start by doing modifications that will add power to the motor, or either reduce the weight on the car.

You won't need to do suspension modifications for awhile, unless you make some major changes to the motor and transmission.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So the 3500 stall is streetable? What does it feel like?

Not trying to steal his answer....but I have a 4r70w with a 4200 rpm stall lockup converter. I can foot brake it almost 4000. Flashes about 4200-4300. Very streetable. Matter of fact, it isn't enough. The lockup makes it a lot more streetable but even without lockup a 4000 wouldn't be bad with a big enough transmission cooler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts