Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to turn up the wick on my combo in signature below. Car has gone 7.60's with a stock T-5 on drag radials. I know times suck but I dont get to the track but maybe once a year. Just sold the T-5 and really want to build my car for a certain class. Keeping all stock production parts. What are you guys runinng with stock combo's with 26" radials???

Car weighs 3060lbs.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
agree.... Get a nice suspention and a built auto and your car should hook up alot better
I have Maximum adjustable lowers with baseline uppers out back. Looking to go high 6's on stock motor with gt40 heads 15lbs boost.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I have Maximum adjustable lowers with baseline uppers out back. Looking to go high 6's on stock motor with gt40 heads 15lbs boost.
Becareful with 15lbs of boost with GT40 heads...i see alot of threads on here how the lift and blow head gaskets after like 10 psi maybe even less...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been running 10lbs for over three years with ARP studs. Hopefully they will hold.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a stock 302 in an '87 notch that is/was all stock to start with and am running a Hellion street heat turbo kit and 10psi. The stock AOD gave up, put in a PA AODE with a trans brake, then the stock posi went out, now with a new True Trac and 275/60 drag radials i can pull the left front tire, but on stock old suspension i can't beat a 12.4 at 109. car weighs 2994.
Just got a big rear swaybar and Tokico D-spec shocks and struts with a coil over conversion and camber plates from Maximum Motorsports. Hoping to cut close to a second off the 1/4 mile time with suspension.
Right now the car leaves hard on the brake but once the frontend comes down it unloads the rear and i spin the tires past the 60ft. we'll see....

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
3900lbs my goodness! You have a spa in the trunk??? Your mph looks kinda weak for a turbo or was that stock?
Who mine?...I was around 3700 lbs with me in it...fully loaded convertible,stereo system,2 bass tubes amp in trunk,spare tire,jack,tool box..LOL...And i havent ran mine yet with the turbo and motor work done..i ran with a stock long block and bolt ons a 14.4 then i bolted a powerdyne making 10 psi on the the car went 13.3 at 104...it had 12's in it...it need tuning...then i just went what you see in my SIG...waiting on numbers now...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Is that all stock components? Im running completly stock class with 1 power adder. What auto you running Brian?
I wish we had a class like that around here. It was cleaned up e7s, stock cam and a Tmoss gt40. 62-1 on 12-13psi and through a c4 trans, 3.08 gears and a 275/50 dr.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm starting to lean towards running a c4 over aod. I think the c4 robs less hp but runs hotter on the street.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wish we had a class like that around here. It was cleaned up e7s, stock cam and a Tmoss gt40. 62-1 on 12-13psi and through a c4 trans, 3.08 gears and a 275/50 dr.
Any idea what your car weighs? What was your 60' and how were you leaving? Transbrake?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Any idea what your car weighs? What was your 60' and how were you leaving? Transbrake?
The car was 2855 with me in it. Leaving foot braking the car and making no boost. The 60 on my fastest passes were 1.61. The car has been 1.51 just couldn't make it all happen on the same pass.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts