Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i pulled out my aftermarket radio to check for a preout and after putting it back together i have no doorlocks, no speedo, no clock (94-95 mustang) and i'm about ready to drive this car down a cliff. any ideas on what the heak i could have done!?! thanks

-ryan

·
Registered
350 Posts
You blew a fuse. Look at the panel under the dash.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
sounds like a blown fuse or a couple of blown fuses. use butt connectors instead of electrical tape, they don't expose quite as easily.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the speedometer is also attached to a fuse?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
rayban5000 said:
the speedometer is also attached to a fuse?
why ask dumb questions, check it and see if it works. being that your speedo is electronic, yes it is on a fuse or fuseable link. check the link posted above and you will see that it is on a fuse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i changed the 50 amp fuse that controls all of the things that aren't working and the problem still persists. any other ideas?

·
11,082 Posts
you might have created a short which has already blown your new fuse. Check the fuse you've just installed.

LOL, bet it's scary driving without a speedo.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
rayban5000 said:
well i changed the 50 amp fuse that controls all of the things that aren't working and the problem still persists. any other ideas?
check the rest of the fuses, make sure that none are blown. check the ones in the engine compartment as well. buy a cheapy multimeter to test continuity and to test voltage, make sure the lines have no breaks (continutity checker can check that, so can a idiot light that just checks to see if you have power). You could have blown a fuseable link, but check all of your fuses and relays first (easiest to replace, if you don't know how to check fuses use a continuity checker on each prong of the fuse if you hear a beep you are good).

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Its a fuse. 10 amp red in the under dash fuse box. Number 15 I want to say but not 100% sure. Just take a fuse tester to each one. I'm about 99% sure because same thing happened to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you considered spending about $15 on a Haynes or Chilton's book for your car? Either will answer questions about fuses, fusable links, accessories and such.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts