Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I installed a set of cam bolts replacing one of the factory spindle to strut bolts. After the install, and camber adjustment, i noticed I was getting steering wheel shakes as if I had a loose tie rod end ball joint (or heim joint in my case). I would get these when i'd encounter a bump mid corner.

Has anyone else had these issues with camber adjustment bolts? I really need these to dial in a good street alignment. I installed these to replace the upper spindle to strut bolt. Should I try the bottom bolt? I don't think this would make a difference but perhaps i'm missing something.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have never had any of those issues when running the camber (crash) bolts. Did you do an alignment (reset the toe) after the install?
I would also make sure that both the upper and lower strut bolts are still tight. You might want to mark the upper camber/crash bolt with whiteout to see if it is moving while you're driving.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never had any of those issues when running the camber (crash) bolts. Did you do an alignment (reset the toe) after the install?
I would also make sure that both the upper and lower strut bolts are still tight. You might want to mark the upper camber/crash bolt with whiteout to see if it is moving while you're driving.
Of course yes I always check/reset the toe from an camber change. I torqued all bolts and marked the camber bolt with paint as well. I didn't see any movement. I abandoned these bolts after i couldn't figure out why this was happening. However i will try them again. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience. At least I know of one person now whose gotten them to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts