Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were do I get it. Will it keep me from throwing belts. I worried that I will get stuck in the middle of no where. Is it a easy swap?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
If you have the Vortech supercharger, I recommend you call them and get the updated vortech bracket with the idler pulley inserted. I kept on throwing belt after belt... after the new bracket, not one belt broke.

Just FYI I don't think it's just the tensioner..... it's the vortech design on that unit, hence why they came up with the newly designed one with the idler inserted.

BTW, if you're describing the tensioner with the stupid #[email protected]$% bolt in it instead of sticking like a 1/2" rachet in, then that thing is a piece of junk! I broke mine on the first try to tension.... please do me a favor and listen to me, get yourself the new vortech bracket and be done with the belt-shred problems once and for all.

Good luck,
Tim

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they make this new bracket for the 2001 cobras. How much was it?

I don't understand why it does not come right off or even come off during boost. It seems to only come off after 200 - 400 miles. Like clock work.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Keep seated in your chair ----- I believe it was around $150.00 bones. But get this, I shredded like 3 belts in like 3 days.... so at that rate, $150 would have come quickly.

Again, I ran a Vortech "S" trim and not sure what you are running but if it's a Vortech "S"... I would at least check into it.

Yep... mine lasted around 200-500 miles... and is only a weekend type car.

Good luck.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts