Ford Mustang Forums banner

Steeda's Timing Adjuster... Yes or No for my Cobra?

623 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Pat96Cobra 
#1 ·
OK.. after doing a few things to get my car running and in good condition again... I'm thinking I need more power... like we all do.. ;)

About the only thing NA that I don't have that I'd consider is LT Headers and a Steeda Timing Adjuster. I know the LT's are a real pain in the keester to install.. so I'm thinking TA is next on the list.

Plus it's cheaper and my wallet is a little light as of late.

If you already have a TA:

Would you do it again?
How hard / tricky was the install?
(I've already got the ASP Pulley's and have had to pull them and replace them once, so that's not too difficult)
Any slight tips to getting it on?
Is the general concensus that 14 Degrees is the timing to start?

Thanks as always for any input.

#2 ·
ttt...

... 32 views and no comments.. either good or bad???

#3 ·
Yes I would do it again. It wasn't that hard and pretty straight forward. 14 Degrees is what I've gotten best power at and a lot of other Cobras have said the same. Hope this helps.

John

#4 ·
Thanks John... I appreciate the input.

#5 ·
The install isn't too bad, just make sure you get the spacing between the teeth and the pickup correct or it won't work right. Steeda gives decent directions with it. I have mine set at 14 degrees for the street but have run my best times with it around 16 or 17 degrees at the dragstrip. Your results may vary, every car is a little different.

#9 ·
I could definetly be wrong here but I was under the impression the MSD-4 ignition only offered timing adjustments within a narrow range and the main advantage to it was the two-step capability for adjusting your rev limiter. If the MSD-4 lets you adjust timing advanced up to 10 degrees more than stock, and retarded up to 10 degrees less than stock, then I'd agree with it being a superior piece.

I might be alone here, but when it comes time to modify something I'd prefer to turn some wrenches rather than cut and splice wires and look at wiring diagrams etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.